Traveller XP is committed to keeping guests healthy during their stay in Brazil. We were given the Responsible Tourism Seal by Ministério do Turismo (Tourism Ministry). We strongly suggest our guests follow the guidelines below:
- Do not travel if you are sick, if you belong to at-risk groups, if you live with someone from at-risk groups, or if you have been with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to your trip;
- The safety distance of at least 1 meter must always be respected;
- Gather details on arrival requirements and restrictions for travelers as well as mandatory tests or quarantine time;
- Prepare to be flexible during your trip, as health restrictions and policies may change before and during your trip;
- Traveller XP is preferring hotels that prioritize both your health and safety and that have adopted the Responsible Tourism Seal. We ask travelers to observe if the establishment is complying with the proposed protocol;
- Avoid crowds at receptions, use online channels and check in early;
- Use mask in all public and/or shared environments;
- Wash your hands with water and soap, or use 70% alcohol gel, or other product if you have no place to wash your hands, after sneezing, blowing your nose or coughing, or whenever you touch any potentially contaminated surface (money, card machine, establishment counters, handrails, elevator buttons, door handles, telephone, computers, cell phone, etc.)
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands not washed nor sanitized with 70% alcohol gel;
- Disinfect frequently personal objects (glasses, cell phones, etc.) with soap and water when possible or, when not possible, use a disinfectant solution for this purpose;
- Do not share any belongings or personal items with other people;
- Avoid any kind of crowds;
- If presenting any sign or symptom of Covid-19, avoid physical contact with other people, especially elderly and chronically ill people (and immediately communicate the management of your hotel);
- Avoid touching walls, counters and other surfaces, if not possible, sanitize your hands afterwards;
- Make sure you are up to date with routine vaccinations, including the measles-caxumba-rubella (MMR) vaccine and the flu vaccine.
Traveller XP will provide guests with rubbing alcohol and masks. Also we are prioritizing service providers and attractions that work with reservations in order to ensure that guests can practice social distancing during the duration of the pandemic. We are focused in following the guidelines of both the World Health Organization and the World Tourism Organization regarding COVID-19 protocols.
All visits and experiences will be previously determined and warned as to how and where they will be carried out, as well as the possible restrictions of service providers (museums, monuments, natural spaces, restaurants and others). We are not held responsible for attractions and service providers that are not adopting social distancing and/or COVID-19 safety protocols.
Should any of the guests become sick with COVID-19, hotels in Brazil require the sick guest to not leave his or her room unit and to communicate to the hotel’s administrative professionals ways to contact his or her doctor, health plan or local medical unit, or even the Local Health System (136), in order to have his or her health condition assessed.
It is recommended that sick guests wait for instructions from health professionals to make decisions.
The local health authority may decide to either send the person to the area reference hospital or not, depending on the patient’s clinical condition.